Sunday, November 9, 2008

Exciting new things on the way!


Wow - talk about a couple of weeks of ups and downs - both personally and for the country. Regardless of your politics (and for the record, I'm a Libertarian), it has to give you pause to think that in a country where less than 50 years ago, it was perfectly legal (and even encouraged) to discriminate based on the color of skin, that so many people could look beyond the evil of prejudice and vote for a candidate who is not a white man. It is my deepest hope and prayer that Obama's presidency be one of positive growth for our country and that wisdom prevails in all situations.

But - on the personal side, hubby, Bennett, got a great offer for a LOCAL job!! It's a good move for him professionally and it will drastically reduce his travel hours - such a relief! We celebrated by christening our new fire pit - it was such fun to have s'mores out by the fire, listen to the crickets and look up at the stars. We will definitely be doing more of that this winter!

So - on to freebie-time! I have created a new Xmas kit - did I mention I love Christmas?? Such a happy time for me and my family. In today's freebie, there are 8 papers in various shades of red & green. A big thank-you to Anna Aspnes for her amazing sparkle overlay used in 2 of the papers - go check out her stuff at Designer Digitals - simply perfection! Check back in the next few days - I have a cool set of Xmas shapes in 5 different colors and some alphas to give away, too. You know me - there will definitely be some glitter in there! You can click HERE or on the preview above to download the papers. The file is large (80+ megs). If you have any trouble, you can email me at megstocks (at) gmail (dot) com and I can break the files up for you. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 09 Nov [LA 08:00pm, NY 11:00pm] - 10 Nov [UK 04:00am, OZ 03:00pm] ).

Anonymous said...

gorgous kit! love it!

Anonymous said...

tfs your Christmas paper!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Thank you!