Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Not so "orderly"


It's February - only the second month of the year - and I've already fallen off the "order" wagon.  You know - that "One Little Word" thing where the promise of appropriate boundaries and a balanced life was made?  Yeah, that one.

The really sad thing is that this realization did not occur to me, the grown-up.  No.  This gem was pointed out by my fierce daughter who, at the ripe old age of eight, called her Mommy out. 

As a member of the ever-so-fabulous Liv Esteban (of liv.e designs)'s Creative Team, I have the pleasure and privilege of making layouts to showcase her amazing new products.  Liv's stuff is so detailed & yummy and the really great thing is that she is so family-focused.  Her wonderful designs make me want to go back & scrap all my photos of my babies from Day 1.

Here I am, perusing through lots of pics to find the perfect picture to showcase what a fabulous guy & great Daddy my hubby is, while Harper, looking over my shoulder and with a very disappointed tone, remarked, "It's not fair - you had time to play with Zane when he was little but you never have time to play with me - all you do is work, work, work!" 

Guilty as charged.

So, now what?  Well, obviously my abilities to prioritize are completely suspect.  After all, an 8-year-old could see the failure.  Out of the mouths of babes, right? 

Figures that the one trait all three of my kids would get from me is the gift of snark.  Fabulous.  If they could only channel that energy to something productive - like keeping their rooms from looking like a tornado went thru Filene's basement on BOGO day.  I'm pretty sure that we carpeted those rooms.  Don't hold me to that.

Now you know why I like to scrap the older photos - the ones where the kidlets are super cute....and went to bed before 8pm.

But, I digress.  Here's the reason that I started this whole spiel - the cute picture of Bennett with a small kidlet who only made small messes....most of the time.

Why I Love you so.
liv.edesigns Booboo Be Gone - Full Kit
liv.e designs All About Love
Fonts: Cochin & Charles S
LO inspired by MCO Template 03
See how deceptively cute Zane was at the ripe old age of 2 1/2?  Bennett's not so bad himself - especially when he's being so patient and sweet with the kids.....not my strong suit, but definitely one of his.  Just one of the many, many reasons that I truly love my husband so.

Off to go make sure the kidlets survive bedtime......Good Night Moon has been replaced with How to Irritate People and even Bennett's patience has limits.....



0 comments: